//some 3rd party need geo

Vinyl to MP3 advice required

richardluke 16:53 11 Dec 03

I've been in the process of converting my vinyl record collection into MP3 format using Easy CD Creator. To do it I had to split up my hi-fi system and connect the turntable to my amplifier which connected to the sound card on my PC. All was well until my turntable went west. Anybody know if I'll be able to do the same thing using a turntable with a pre-amp ? Or has anyone got any ideas for doing the same thing any other way. I don't really want to buy a separate turntable and amp just to complete this job. Thanks

SEASHANTY 17:02 11 Dec 03

The turntable with a preamp should work okay. Also the Steinberg programme "CLEAN Plus" contains a vinyl to CD recording application which contains a pre-amp in the box for using turntables which do not have this pre-amplifier. Don't know the cost of this though. Usually transfer vinyl to cassette tape and then use the cassette player output to record to CD-R using Roxio Easy C.D.

richardluke 17:10 11 Dec 03

Seashanty - many thanks for that. I'll look at the programme you suggest

SEASHANTY 19:58 11 Dec 03

Steinberg Clean Plus v5 is listed on Dabs website at £41-12 inc vat. Plus postage. Compare that with the Bush turntable available from a few outlets at around £60. This turntable is a small size version and it includes a pre-amp. Have seen it advertised in the weekend newspapers. Coopers of Stortford was one such outlet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…