Vinyl Cutter Help needed please!

crewey 21:11 07 Apr 09

I desperately need somebody to help me to set up a Vinyl Cutter on a
virtual serial port or USB to Serial. I have been working on this for weeks and
cannot sort it out.
I am posting this out of desperation before I throw the cutter through the
window! The cutter is working and the software is working, I just need to get the
computer to communicate with the Cutter!
I have installed the driver, but there seems to be a communication problem. The software (Flexisign) either says "cutting" but it remains at 0% or it says"cannot open port" I have also tried installing a PCMCIA Serial Card on my laptop but I still can't get the communication working!
Any help or advice appreciated...please!
Thanks
Dave

audeal 23:27 07 Apr 09

Maybe you can explain what a Vinyl Cutter is. I have never heard of one of these items before.

I am Spartacus 23:31 07 Apr 09

Is the PCMCIA Serial Port correctly shown as installed in Device Manager?

I have had only limited success using equipment with USB to Serial converters.

crewey 19:44 08 Apr 09

a vinyl cutter is used to cut graphics for cars etc. It is installed like a printer.
The PMCIA is installed as per the instructions that came with it and is ot showing any conflicts in the Device Manager.

Dave

Technotiger 20:18 08 Apr 09

You might get better response on this Vinyl Cutters Forum ...

click here

Woolwell 20:19 08 Apr 09

It may help to tell us which vinyl cutter you have. Has it only got a serial port?

crewey 20:52 08 Apr 09

The cutter is a Eureka 700, made by Refine. It uses a Roland PNC 1000 Driver or a Graphtec Driver. It has a Serial port, usb port and a parallel port. On USB it cuts a test page (as if it were a printer) but won't communicate via the software

T0SH 22:25 08 Apr 09

If you go into device manager in the Ports (Com & LPT) heading you should see your virtual serial port listed, be it PMCIA or USB, once you find it double click on it, then click the Ports Settings Tab, you will see a number of variable setting options which need to be set to suit your particular hardware this information should be available from the user manual until this is properly set up no communication will happen

Cheers HC

jolorna 07:50 09 Apr 09

if you have a read here it might explain a few things click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…