vinyl to CD kit

billy 14:47 08 Mar 03

There are many threads here that describe how to transfer music from vinyl to CD. Does anyone know of a kit for doing this that includes the pre-amp and cables needed?

AudioVic' 16:40 08 Mar 03

I have Soundblaster live soundcard and I just connect my audio sources (Keyboard, Cassettes, Vynils, etc.) to the line in port. SB live has an excellent recorder built in. No pre-amps required.

I use wavelab to edit the resulting .wav files and then burn onto Cdrom as .cda. I also convert the .wav to .mp3

Hope this helps

woodchip 16:44 08 Mar 03

Have you not got a record player

billy 18:24 08 Mar 03

I do have a turntable with two phono leads. I understood I needed a preamp but AudioVic says not.

_Treb_ 18:50 08 Mar 03

You probably only need a pre-amp if you are outputting from the turntable where the o/p voltage is in micro amps. I have recorded, quite successfully using the o/p from the headphone socket, using Goldwave.

Patr100 19:01 08 Mar 03

There is a kit with pre amp but it is quite expensive and only required if you want to input directly from a turntable. Otherwise Audio Cleaning Lab comes with the cable for £20 to £30 -from Dream Software.

billy 19:11 08 Mar 03

I only have a turntable so does that mean I need a pre-amp. I also only have a Mic in socket from on board sound. Do I need a sound card?

woodchip 11:25 09 Mar 03

It will work from Mic in socket if you turn everything up to the top. you can get leads from any good audio shop

billy 21:41 27 Sep 03

In teh end I bought Clean 4.0 with apreamp. results are great, well good enough fr listening to CDs in teh car. The instructions with Clean are not very god, could do with a Wizzard. make sure recording is switched on on the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…