Vinyl to CD connection to PC

Teasle 21:24 11 Jan 05

Sorry but this is another question on burning LPs and tapes on to my computer but I have read the other threads and they don’t answer this particular query.
I have bought a software package from PCWorld called Clean Version 5 that comes with a disk and a cable which has a RCA red and white plugs at one end and a black stereo plug at the other. Following the manual, I have worked out that the black plug goes into the Line In jack on the back of my PC but my problem is where to plug in the RCA plugs.
The manual says Tape Line Out or Aux out. I don’t have any of these jacks in the back of my hifi amplifier. The only available jacks I have are labelled Video/DAT, surround sound and also CD. The turntable is plugged into the Phono ones.
I’ve read the previous postings and have checked under the rubber mat on my turntable and there is no off/on switch discreetly hidden.
Can anybody tell me how to connect my turntable to my PC so I can transfer my LPs to CDs?
My Hi-fi is 10 years old and is a Sony Compact LBT-V502 with separate turntable and CD player.

TBH1 21:47 11 Jan 05

get yourself a splitter - - thinks its called a 'y' splitter - -plug the single end into headphone soocket on your amp, the red and white plugs into the 'double' end - - and the other end of cable into 'line-in' on your sound card

Teasle 22:22 11 Jan 05

Thank you very much TBH1 for your reply.
I will give a 'Y'splitter a try.
All the best for 2005.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…