Vinyl to CD.

23790954 13:47 12 Aug 05

My neighbour has a record deck and numerous old vinyl discs. He asked me if I knew how to transfer the vinyl discs onto cd, via my computer, but as an O.A.P. I am unsure of how to go about it. He stated that all I will need will be the correct cables to connect the record deck to my computer. Although I do repair and build my own computer, which has a cd writer installed, I do not know how to transfer the vinyl to cd. Can anyone kindly advise me on how to carry out this task, and what cables I need to complete it. Thanks for any information given.

pk470 14:08 12 Aug 05

Look around PC World or even QVC they have sold
software that makes this possible.

pk470 14:10 12 Aug 05

Correction i meant hardware.

Batch 14:14 12 Aug 05

You can get the necessary software for free. E.g.:
click here

Also see thread:
click here.

You'll need a cable to run from the amplifier's tape output or similar (I assume the record deck is connected to an amplifier). You can't record direct from a record deck - firstly the signal isn't really strong enough (hence an amplifier), but also the signal from the record has to be "rectified" according to RIAA standards.

Be warned, recording each vinyal album takes quite a while when you put together the time to play the album and then cofifure how you wnat to burn on to CD and then burn. It's easiest if you don't go in for selecting indvidiual tracks (very laborious).

See also various old threads in the help forum (try searching for vinyl).

Good luck, and be patient.

Curio 18:56 12 Aug 05

click here This is probably the easiest way to convert vinyl to CD. You do need a Pre Amp to connect turntable to PC. Available from dabs.com. Kit includes Nero software to do the burning. Unfortunately it is not free!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…