vinyl to cd

okcoky 17:57 12 Feb 05

hi all,just wondering can i just plug my record drck to the back of the pc to transfer my record collection to cds.i have read that i will need a pre-amp.I know my stero system has one,if i have to use this how do i connect a stero system to the pc?which cables to where and what? am a novice at this so make the description as simple as possible please e.g.idiot proof.i have plenty of hard disk space and the software that is needed as i have downloaded some that was suggested on here im just not sure about connections,thanks for your help.

Technotiger 18:05 12 Feb 05

Hi, you don't plug the record deck to the back of the pc - you have your record deck connected to your Amp. Your Amp is then connected to your sound card - assuming you have a sound card. I use Soundblaster Audigy2, it has all the necessary connecting points and includes clear instruction on cennections. That is what I would advise you to get for a quick and easy setup.

Cheers.

okcoky 18:15 12 Feb 05

i have soundblaster live card so i should be ok,so i just use line out from amp?

Technotiger 18:17 12 Feb 05

You got it in one. You should of course have instructions on your soundcard cd.

Cheers.

okcoky 18:19 12 Feb 05

thank god for that lol,intrustions do not say anything about record decks but im sure i can figure it out.thanks for your help

Motonick 19:19 12 Feb 05

Terratec make various pre-amps etc to enable transfer Vinyl to cd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…