VininPreston

VINCENTINPRESTON 17:34 23 Oct 03

Hello folks,
my problem is a conflict with my printer.If I switch the printer on before windows boots up, everything works fine. However if I first boot up the computer then later switch on the printer , everything locks up, mouse and keyboard.
System details :-win xp, pentium 3,Epsom C62 printer(new) with the driver on a disc, Plenty of memory and space on hard-drive. Have tried installing driver from website but same thing happens? Any ideas, thanks

Djohn 17:48 23 Oct 03

Did you install the printer correctly by install of software before connecting the printer to your PC? If not, then go into Control panel and remove the Printer from there and also any software that came with the printer.

Disconnect printer from PC, Re-boot your PC and install the software from your CD, if it ask you to connect printer, then do so, otherwise wait until the software is finished installing, then connect the printer. A message will come up saying, "New hardware found" and windows will install the printer for you. Give that a try and post back on this thread if no success. Regards. j.

VINCENTINPRESTON 22:10 06 Nov 03

Sorry for not replying sooner , I actually thought nobody would read this posting because I put in the wrong starting thread I tried your advice but it turned out that the problem was on the USB side somewhere? I am now using serial connection and everything is now ok. Thanks for your time. Vin in Preston Lancashire UK

Djohn 22:21 06 Nov 03

Your welcome, Just an old habit of mine to read all the threads. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…