Viewsonic 912 DVI cable???

Keithrow 10:41 27 Apr 05

I have decided on the above monitor and am now totally confused as to which cable I need to secure it to the graphics card. I will be using a nVIDIA 6600GT card.
Any suggestions and where would I get one from?
Many thanks
Keith

SEASHANTY 11:00 27 Apr 05

I don't use this but would think you need a male to male DVI 25 pin 2 metre cable. About £7 from Cable Universe click here Check that the connections on your graphics card and TFT monitor are both DVI female though before you purchase.

pauldonovan 11:03 27 Apr 05

...my Viewsonic came from Mesh and in its box if I remember correctly were several cables/adaptors so you have choices.

I'm assuming that card has a DVI connector (wider than 'normal' monitor d-sub connector, a white connector in my experience)? If so then I believe it is called a male-to-male DVI cable.

Best thing is to get it and look in the box for a suitable cable/adaptor - i'm pretty sure it'll be in there.

Regards,

Paul

SEASHANTY 11:43 27 Apr 05

Both your monitor and graphics card should have these DVI 25 pin sockets
click here
Also some info on DVI cables
click here

click here

SEASHANTY 11:57 27 Apr 05

Have just checked the rear of my Samsung 19" TFT which has both analogue and DVI-D sockets although I use analogue S-VGA connection as my graphics card has no DVI. The DVI socket on the rear has the three rows of 8 plus the small rect hole which I suppose counts as the 25th pin for a male lead to be plugged in. Go for the Cable Universe lead I linked to in my first posting.

pauldonovan 13:27 27 Apr 05

..i'd be tempted as I said above to check you don't get one in the box before you buy something you don't need...I'm pretty sure I got several cables/adaptors in the box and I have the vx912!

It is a great screen.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:29 27 Apr 05

I use both cables on the Viewsonic (analogue and DVI). There is no difference in picture quality whatsoever.

G

Keithrow 16:00 27 Apr 05

Many thanks for your help. The monitor is part of a new machine package from MESH and as such I do not expect to receive a digital cable. I'll await delivery before taking my next step. Interesting that there is little/no difference between analogue and digital connection.
Keith

pauldonovan 23:06 27 Apr 05

...mine was part of a package from Mesh a couple of weeks ago and I got more monitor cables than necessary and more than you can shake a stick at!

When you spec there's an option for DVI cable - check your spec, with my particular model it was included. I'm pretty sure even if it isn't that there's one in the VX912 box!

Keithrow 23:12 27 Apr 05

Thanks for that, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to find the necessary in with the rest of the stuff!!
Hope you are pleased with the whole package.
Keith

pauldonovan 20:51 28 Apr 05

..very pleased with the whole package ta...looks great and performs well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…