Viewing"All Programs"

bruno 17:22 12 Feb 05

I have XP Pro and I view on a 19 inch monitor, set to 800/600. I need to do this due to my old, not very good eyesight. I have too much stuff loaded to get it all in on "All Programs".Is there a way of condensing this so everything shows. I have to alter my settings on the odd occasion I need to see something at the wrong end of the alphabet

VoG II 17:30 12 Feb 05

One way is to right click the Start button and select Explore All Users.

You can then create some new folders like Tools, Games etc. and put the other items in them. This will shorten the list.

Or right click task bar, Properties choose Classic Mode, click Custom and remove the tick under Use Personalized Menus

mattyc_92 17:32 12 Feb 05

Exactly what I do, even though my screen resolution is higher than bruno's.... I've got "CD & DVD burning Tools" and all that and it is also easier to find the programs.... lol

Technotiger 17:37 12 Feb 05

Hi, I have a friend - 84yr old - also with failing sight. He has a 17" TFT monitor set on
the same resolution as mine 1280x1084. To overcome his poor sight I increased the size of his text font. To do the same right-click on a blank area of your desktop then go to Properties>Appearance>Font size and set to Extra Large then click Apply/ok. This might be all you need to do.

Cheers.

bruno 17:45 12 Feb 05

Thanks Vog and Matty, I think that is a good idea and I will give it a try.
Technotiger.
Thanks for the suggestion.I have already tried that one but it actually makes the problem worse.I am going to dump a good few programs that I don't use much and then group the others in with similar programmes.
Thanks for the replies.

bruno 12:38 13 Feb 05

Finished my clear out of seldom/never used progs and repackaged the rest.Now I have tons of space.Thank you all for your help.

bruno 17:48 14 Feb 05

Opened Computeractive today and found the same question that I asked.The answer given thereit go to Task bar/right click/properties/Start menu/customise/advanced...scroll down the Options list and tick the box..Scroll Programs.This gives you the programs in one column.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…