Viewing website source code

chesterfield 15:43 02 Jul 03

Why is it that when I click on 'View' and then 'Source' in the internet explorer browser, i dont always get to see the source code of the website im looking at? Even when i try this on the same site, sometimes it shows the code other times not.

Ive just tried it on this site. first time i did it i got to see the code, the second time nothing!

Eastender 18:16 02 Jul 03

Have you got 'View Source' as a right click option? and if so does that only work intermittently?

chesterfield 18:58 02 Jul 03

yes i have, and that doesnt work either.

Ive just noticed though that when i look at a web page im building myself in the browser, both methods work everytime. so it seems that its not that the browser isnt working, but with some permission which prevents me from seeing online source content.

Any ideas?

Valvegrid 19:10 02 Jul 03

You could try saving the web page and viewing it in Front Page or whatever editor you use.

Sturmey 19:34 02 Jul 03

In IE goto tools>Internet options>Programs next to html editor it should say 'Notepad' if not change it.

chesterfield 16:09 03 Jul 03

Just for the record, Ive solved the problem by erasing the temporary internet files.

Why and how this works Ive no idea.

Thanks to all who offered help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…