viewing web site HELP

Boy Zone 12:19 01 Feb 08
  Boy Zone 14:10 01 Feb 08
  beynac 14:56 01 Feb 08

Don't use the @ sign. This is a website not an email address.

The url is either w w w.btinternet.com/~yourloginname and/or w w w.yourloginname.btinternet.co.uk (spaces inserted to - hopefully - prevent a 'click here' being generated).

Boy Zone 16:27 01 Feb 08

THanks for your input, but I still can't access my site.
I didn't call my first page "index" I called it "home", would this cause a problem?
What is the ~ sign used for?
I have tried w w w. btinternet.com~user name/home but still no joy.
I've tried to get help form BT but they are usless.

beynac 17:19 01 Feb 08

I suggest that you rename the first page 'index.htm' (or 'index.html'). The info' I gave you came from the BT site. I believe that the ~ is needed. BTW In your example, you need a forward slash (/) between .com and ~username.

Boy Zone 21:34 01 Feb 08

Thanks, I have seen the same BT web site, and done as per your instruction, but as soon has i do thist and enter, it seems to try and then goes to my BT home brower page, not my web site.
I entered www. btinternet.com/~username/index (with no space)
If i cant get this to work on BT what are my options.
What gets me i can see all my files on remote site????

Boy Zone 22:09 01 Feb 08

Well at last I managed to access my web site on line. When I tested the site using Dreamweaver it worked fine, but when I tested it online, some pages worked but those with photos it was a complete failure, it didn't work on some pages, why????
Any advice?

mco 22:12 01 Feb 08

your photos have uploaded?

Boy Zone 22:45 01 Feb 08

Yes I can see the small photos. What I did was when you select a small photo it takes to to another page to show that photo enlarged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…