Viewing of some websites not correct

kentylad 14:02 08 Apr 03

Being an avid Football fan and Chelsea supporter (!), I often like to check up on how the boys are doing of watch the Nike Freestyle adverts and try and work out any camera trickery ;-)

However, recently the pages do not seem to be loading up correctly. I have checked my settings in IE6 (Tools>Internet Options>Security>Internet) and changed the settings to default (medium level)

I do have a peer-peer network setup, but on different NIC's (obviously), however they do share this connection

The pages I have tried to access are click here and click here

I have included also a small website which shows you what I am seeing, in the hope you can compare it to what you see and tell me whats wrong!!

Here's the webpages I made;
* Nike Freestyle Site: click here

* Chelsea Site: click here

Thanx

Nick

kentylad 14:03 08 Apr 03

Sorry, the Chelsea page that I uploaded to show you what I am looking at is click here

kentylad 14:30 08 Apr 03

can anyone help?

Nick

HighTower 14:36 08 Apr 03

It looks the same on my PC as you see it on yours (Windows 2000), so perhaps it isn't actually a problem with your system at all!

kentylad 14:43 08 Apr 03

I did check the web-pages out on a school system today at school, and they worked fine (as they should look)

I am on XP with Norton IS 2003 pro and IE6

Nick

Nope - Same as your screen shot - XP Pro, NIS 2003, (Incl Norton Personal Firewall)

kentylad 16:08 08 Apr 03

You have EXACTLY the same specc as me.....

??

Trust me, the web pages aren't supposed to be looking the way mine do!

Gaz 25 16:25 08 Apr 03

NORTON...

Disable the Ad-blocker and Privacy blocker,

then wipe your Temp internet files and cookies.

All should work.

kentylad 16:34 08 Apr 03

You are a legend!

I send you a cyber kiss! mwhaa!

Lol

Cheers

Nick

Gaz 25 17:24 08 Apr 03

and I baffled people, because when you disable Norton the temp files keep the page the same as they were, so you need to wipe them, I thought IE was corrupt.

Anyway,
Glad you are sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…