Viewing SkyTV on PC

hockeystar1985 20:53 14 Nov 04

I have purchased a fancy new monitor and would like to watch TV on my PC. My PC came with a TV card with video out capabilities. Is this good enough to watch TV on my PC and if so what cable/leads will i need to connect it all up?

Cheers

stalion 21:10 14 Nov 04

you need a airiel input on your tv card,run a lead from the back of your tv and it will be on your computer.I use a airiel splitter plugged in to the rear of the tv, you can not change sky programs on your pc like this though

john-232317 21:24 14 Nov 04

Are you sure its a TV card and not a TV out graphics card, that only allows you to run a TV screen off the PC.

stalion 21:33 14 Nov 04

just in case you need a tv card this one is very good
click here

hockeystar1985 21:41 14 Nov 04

thanks for that, looking at it i can do it that way

hockeystar1985 21:52 14 Nov 04

Are there any tv cards that allow you to just connect a lead straight to it from your sky box?

kakellie 21:53 14 Nov 04

aerial input to pc is usually very grainy go for svhs or a composite input even very basic tv cards usually have these options although you will have to use your sky remote to change channels

hockeystar1985 21:56 14 Nov 04

know anywhere that sells the necessary cables cheap?

stalion 21:57 14 Nov 04

aerial input from sky digital is fine Regards

stalion 22:02 14 Nov 04

you can run a aerial lead from the back of your sky box to your pc instead of the aerial input on your tv.Any good tv,radio etc repair shop sells appropriate aerial lead and connectors
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…