Viewing Program list

Boy Zone 19:18 08 Jun 03

Hi can anyone please advise?

When I go start all programs, and view the list of all my programs, I can't see all of the program list, some are hidden from view at the bottom of the screen.
I run XP and have tried to hide my taskbar, but still no joy. My screen is set at 1024*768. I know there are program below my task bar as when I move my mouse below the bar I can jst view the program name.

graham√ 19:39 08 Jun 03

Sounds like your monitor needs adjusting. See if there are any buttons which bring up a menu, you may need to bring in the edges so they are all visible.

VoG™ 20:50 08 Jun 03

You need to do some tidying up into folders. Right click the Start button and select Explore all Users. Then you will be in a Windows Explorer and you can create folders like Utilities, Downloads or whatever you wish to call them and move your program shortcuts into them.

Pesala 21:19 08 Jun 03

The Start Menu is one item that often doesn't get backed up. Copy the Start Menu Folder to a floppy disk at least.

If you go to the trouble to organise your programs, it is easy to display them all on just three cascading menus. Twenty-five folders with twenty-five programs in each equals 625 programs. I hope nobody has more than that.

Whenever I install a new program, I usually delete any help files, readme files, or uninstall options and leave just the main program, which I move to the appropriate folder: Graphics, System Tools, Enterntainment, etc., as Vog™ suggests.

VoG™ 22:13 08 Jun 03

Very good point about backing up. We do get threads along the lines of "Help, my Start menu has disappeared". Of course it is possible to rebuild it but what a pain.

Audeal 23:19 08 Jun 03

Put the pointer at the bottom of the list and it should scroll down. To Scroll up put the pointer at the top of the list.

Audeal 23:29 08 Jun 03

Of course, if you want all the list on the screen at the same time then you will need two lists side by side.

Go to the start button and right click. Click on properties. Click on the startmenu tab. Click on Customize. Remove the tick from the box "scroll programs", the third from the bottom. Close the window down and you will get all your programs on the screen at the same time.

Boy Zone 12:15 09 Jun 03

Thanks for all your input.
Audeal, I have two list of programs,side by side, each list has about 30 programs. the right hand list has 31 programs. I have tried to carry out what you told me, in your last message, I don't have this "scroll program" button.

graham√ 12:25 09 Jun 03

When you've clicked on Customize, click on Advanced, you will find 'scroll programs' there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…