Viewing pictures on Win 95

graham√ 14:02 26 Jun 03

I am meeting up with my sister tomorrow, taking her some photos on a CD. Their PC has Windows 95 with a CD player. They have previously been able to view a picture that was Emailed to them, but it took 30 minutes to download at 1p minute, so that is not an option.

So there must be a picture viewing program already installed, how can I explain how to use it? It is a piece of cake on XP, but is it easy on 95, Too?

Foolsbane_1 14:19 26 Jun 03

I think LPJ-Slideshow 1.7.4 may be your best option. Free from click here

graham√ 19:37 26 Jun 03

Thanks, I have bookmarked for the next one. The CD is already done and I don't have another blank. Any one remember Win 95?

Nellie2 19:40 26 Jun 03

Well if the pictures are jpegs or bitmaps then just open paint go to file, open then browse to the cd and you should be able to view the pics

graham√ 19:46 26 Jun 03

Thanks, was 'Paint' included in '95, do you know?

Djohn 19:50 26 Jun 03

Yep, it is.

graham√ 19:55 26 Jun 03

Thankyou both!

graham√ 20:38 28 Jun 03

OK, I have LPJ-Slideshow now, I can run the slideshow, but cannot see how to modify or burn it to CD.

I have a file which says it is 'Slideshow.ini', this is needed to change things, but when I copy it to the picture folder it becomes 'a slide show program' plus 'configuration settings'. The latter is a notepad listing the settings. any advice, please?

Foolsbane_1 15:34 29 Jun 03

From the LPJ-Slideshow FAQ page ( click here )

"The SlideShow.ini-file is used to customize the settings for the slideshow. This is useful when you want a specific sort-order in the display sequence of the library photos, and in another instance if you want a specific background color , text fonts and music. The main reason for the ini-file is, to allow you to customize the slideshow and then burn it to a CD. If you don't use the ini-file, then the programs default settings will be used (which will often work - but a personal touch is nice...)."

graham√ 16:54 29 Jun 03

Thanks, I gathered that. As I said above, I can see the 'ini' file, but it melts into two bits and I can't go any further than run the slideshow - no burning or modifying.

Foolsbane_1 22:51 30 Jun 03

Perhaps editing the .ini file is an unnecessary complication. For something more basic click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…