Viewing pictures

aboutit 17:31 08 Dec 03

I have windows XP and my friend sent me a Christmas card via email. The picture wasn`t visible and all I could see was a square at the top left hand corner with red white and blue patters in it.I went to the site and clicked on the same card and once again I couldn`t view it, however when I clicked on another card it was o.k.I managed to view 4 out of 6 cards on the site. Can someone explain why I can`t view certain cards and how I can overcome this problem Many thanks

K.H 17:43 08 Dec 03

Yes, I sometimes have this same problem, im not sure wethe rit must be a problem with the website or what.

Im sorry i couldn't help you out.

Im sure that one of these great experts will be able to assist you.

Regards

K.H

Pesala 18:06 08 Dec 03

Go to the site, right-click on the picture to get its properties, then copy the URL and paste it here. Perhaps it is a file format that you don't have the correct filters for.

Emptying the Internet Explorer cache has been known to cure many problems like this.

Irfan View click here is an excellent free picture viewer that can view almost every graphic file format known to mankind.

aboutit 18:32 11 Dec 03

this is the siter I am trying to view I have java enabled but still can`t see the picture on all messages click here">

johnnyrocker 18:57 11 Dec 03

not wishing to rub it in but it is a very nice site ie no probs here but am on win 2k pro here, will try on my xp when i get home.

johnny.

Pesala 19:04 11 Dec 03

This is the correct link: click here

Each picture seems to be displayed by a Javascript.

johnnyrocker 19:06 11 Dec 03

aboutits link works fine for me as does pesalas.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 19:08 11 Dec 03

saying java reminds me i saw an article somewhere that if one downloaded sp 1a it disabled vm runtime maybe this is the prob.

johnny.

VoG II 19:11 11 Dec 03

Yep, try installing Java click here

aboutit 19:23 11 Dec 03

Yes I can see some of the pictures not all namely Hark the Herald angels sing and White Christmas there are no pictures in the card square only the coloured scare at the top left hand corner.

Wes Tam ;-) 19:32 11 Dec 03

I have Windows ME and have the same problem.

I used VoGs link to install java but it's made no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…