viewing photos on your standard DVD player

keenan 19:29 19 Aug 03

Can anyone please advise on the best software to get your photos on to a picture cd to be viewed on your dvd player. A free program would be nice!!

Taran 19:53 19 Aug 03

I can't comment on the best, since I've only tried a few myself.

Windows XP has a powertoy available for free download from Microsoft to create an image slideshow that can be burned to CD, but I have no clue whether it will play on a standalone DVD player.

One product I can wholeheartedly recommend is the excellent Ulead DVD Picture Show. It creates still image photo albums as a slideshow on CD, but it burns them in such a way that they play in the majority of household DVD players. If memory serves (I don't have it installed on this laptop) you can have up to 99 images in one slideshow and up to 99 slideshows on one disk.

It's about the easiest program I've ever used for anything and you can produce the goods, including navigation menus and background music in a couple of minutes with a few mouse clicks. Be warned, the music samples that come with the program are very a la 70's Bontempi home organ, but you can use any MP3 track of your own for backing music.

You can download a free trial click here or the program costs a princely £18-95 to buy.

It's worth five times that amount just for its ease of use alone.

Keep a look out and others will, I'm sure, offer alternative suggestions.

Regards

Taran

keenan 21:05 19 Aug 03

Many thanks, i,ve managed to get a free program that works brillantly and is very quick and simple to use from a discussion thread click here
links automatically with nero,
Thanks to EASYRIDER66 who provided the info on the link above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…