Viewing photos on CD via DVD player

isca2 21:17 21 Dec 05

For info.. I have always been able to view other people's pics from their CD on my DVD player, but none of mine worked at all, in spite of much fiddling around. There are all jpg files by the way. I eventually sussed out that if my CDs had been written by Roxio drag to disk, then they could not be viewed on the DVD player. Other's cds had been prepraed by Windows XP drag to disk. I ignored Roxio and used the old, conventional windows method and all now OK. I thought that others may like to know this if getting the same problem.

Totally-braindead 21:23 21 Dec 05

I always use Nero and have never had a problem viewing them, its good to know that there may be a problem with Roxio though.

Pamy 21:29 21 Dec 05

My friend uses Roxio and I think she has to do something at the end of the writing in order for it to play on stand alone players

Stuartli 21:35 21 Dec 05

What Pamy means is to Finalise the disk before the final burning session.

However, I've got plenty of multisession pix files CD-R disks with quite a few MBs of space left on before I need to Finalise them and they play OK on my Kiss DVD player.

Southernboy 21:38 21 Dec 05

How DO you finalise a disc? I have been trying to find out for yonks!

Totally-braindead 21:38 21 Dec 05

Perhaps with Roxio you do need to finalise before you can play them, I can't say as I've never used it, Nero disks play fine without being finalised.

Totally-braindead 21:40 21 Dec 05

With Nero to finalise a disk, at the burning page just remove the tick from multisession, don't know how you do it with other progs.

hssutton 22:29 21 Dec 05

I've just checked out Roxio's Drag to Disk by burning a number of Jpgs, then ejecting the disk and selecting "This disk will be used on other computers or devices"

My DVD players where able to read and display the images, I was then able to burn more Jpgs again selecting "This disk will be used on other computers or devices" Works perfectly.

So this bears out what Stuartli.

hssutton 22:31 21 Dec 05

It pays to finish typing before hitting "post response"

So this bears out what Stuartli says.

woodchip 22:42 21 Dec 05

Drag to disc will not work on a stand alone Dvd player. As above you need to us Roxio Burning software or Nero and finalise the disc, this makes it as you cannot add any more photos so make sur you have them all on in Jpeg

hssutton 23:22 21 Dec 05

Woodchip, I've never bothered putting Jpgs on disk before, as I normally only archive my raw and Tiff files, or make DVD slideshows.

So on reading this thread I checked it out on my PC using Roxio. Drag to Disk does work and I found that it's not neccessary to finalise the disk, The disk I burnt worked on both my stand alone DVD players, I then burnt a few more Jpgs, these where also viewable on my DVD players.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…