viewing pc on tv ????

worcesterman47 22:49 19 Aug 08

having read closely a previous thread on this subject..there is a lot of mention about a VGA connection...i have on my pc what i belive is the vga connection into monitor (ie a blue 15 pin socket)..there is also what looks the same on the tv ( ie blue 15 pin socket ) but try as i may i cannot get the pc one to fit into the tv one ( granted it is in a very difficuly place to get to and it may just take perseverence) but now having read the tv manual for connecting the pc to tv it states as follows " USE A D-SUB cable to connect the tv's PC input to the computers RGB output terminal " now, is a D-SUB cable totally different to a VGA cable?..there is no mention of D-SUB in diagram of tv settings .just a VGA socket..so, am i just having bad luck in trying to connect VGA cable from pc to VGA in tv...or am i in fact using wrong cable ? ( tv is a hitachi 32" lcd ( wall mounted...thats why it is so damn hard to connect cable ! :)...any help/advice be greatly appreciated

andrew-196854 23:04 19 Aug 08

what is the model number of you hitachi tv

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:04 19 Aug 08

15 pin D sub cable fits into VGA socket
click here

worcesterman47 23:09 19 Aug 08

model number of tv is ... 32LD8700 TU

worcesterman47 23:15 19 Aug 08

fruit bat...just followed your link.....the connectors on the link have 2rows..one of seven & one of eight.....the the ones i have have 3 rows of 5 ..into pc monitor & into tv....but i just tried to connect them again...and it will NOT fit at all....there are no bends or kinks in any of the pins...it just seems that the one fitting does not fit..and i am at a loss

andrew-196854 23:25 19 Aug 08

worcesterman is this your tv on this link click here if you go down the page you will see the connections

worcesterman47 23:36 19 Aug 08

yep...thats my tv....and thats the connections...but where it says ..PC INPUT..it says on that description.. " Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear), (S)XGA " ... where as in my manual it just says use a D-SUB cable..nothing at all about mini D-SUB...could that be why my VGA cable does not fit tv?

worcesterman47 00:05 20 Aug 08

ok,ok...my fault..the cable DOES fit into tv...after a major struggle it finally fitted..so, would like to just say a big thanks for the quick responses and the help/advice...cheers once again everyone ( i am off to buy anew pair of glasses now :) !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…