Viewing PC Advisor pages

Quiet Life 18:16 09 Jun 09

Recently when accessing pages the whole page starts as blue similar to the border the middle part show the lines as black and then the page goes to normal with the middle lines white.
This is a pain when viewing postings in the Help Forum.
Screen resolution unchanged at 1024x768 and text size medium. Download speed shows as 5.7mb on theoretical 8mb.
Solution appreciated.

InTheCity 18:19 09 Jun 09

which browser?

OTT_Buzzard 18:19 09 Jun 09

I get a similar issue occasionally, refreshing the page fixes it. Almost seems like (as you've implied) there's a bandwdth issue somewhere.

chub_tor 18:25 09 Jun 09

When you on the PCadvisor site if you are using IE8 click on Page and scroll down to Cpmpatibility Settings. Click on this and you should see a box with the PC Advisor website listed, Click on Add and then OK or Close. From then on the PC Advisor site will not show up in blue.

Quiet Life 18:27 09 Jun 09

Using IE8 . Not worried about bandwith but just giving info. that might be necessary

Quiet Life 18:33 09 Jun 09

The problem corrects itself in under a second and refreshing just produces the problem again which corrects itself.I experienced this problem before with an imac and was one of the reasons I returned it. It has not happened before on this PC and it does it every page change.

InTheCity 18:40 09 Jun 09

as per chub_tor,
have you tried clicking the "Compatibility View" toolbar button to fix the problem. It's located next to the Refresh button on the Address Bar.

Toneman 18:41 09 Jun 09

Think someone recently suggested a fix for this, pop-up stopper or something like that, which I did (forget the actual details)and seems to have stopped it with XP with IE but I'm still getting it on an older PC running Linux with Firefox...

Quiet Life 19:00 09 Jun 09

Chub-tor Many thanks would have never worked out that solution. Back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5