Viewing Net Pictures In XP Home Edition

guldendraak 22:41 11 Feb 03

Have downloaded pictures from net to my computer in jpeg format. On my computer in picture folder shows okay. But when clicked on to view, program Window picture and fax viewer opens but will not display the picture. Can anyone help do I have to change setting, If so How? Or do I need another program to view pictures?

Very new to computers so this is a steep learning curve. Any help would be welcomed

jazzypop 22:51 11 Feb 03

There are quite a few possibilities here - none of them drastic or difficult to 'fix'.

Does this happen with every picture that you have downloaded, or just a few?

Do you have any other graphics programs loaded - if so, can you view the pictures using those programs?

If you open your browser (probably Internet Explorer), and choose File > Open, point it to look in My Documents and choose OK, are the pictures correctly displayed there?

If you right-click on one of the pictures that will not display, then choose Properties, what is the size of the picture?

If you have the picture and fax viewer program open, have you tried clicking the small magnifying glass icon near the bottom of the screen a few times, in case you need to zoom in?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now