Viewing jpgs with no computer

Gingermum 12:16 31 Aug 05

My dad doesn't have a computer. I have loads of jpgs of my brother's wedding. He does have a DVD/CDR+/- for viewing on the TV.
How can I burn them onto a CD/DVD so that he can view them?

stlucia 12:37 31 Aug 05

I presume the .jpg files are still on a memory card in your camera? If you don't have a friend with a PC and the right hardware (CD or DVD burner) and software, many photo shops these days will do the job for you.

Gingermum 12:54 31 Aug 05

Yes, I do have a burner. I am assuming that my dad's player will not read ordinary jpgs as you need a program to view them. The pictures are now on my hard disk. My dad and I live in different countries.
I was thinking that I need to put the pictures into some sort of movie format that will run as a normal movie on a DVD would. So what I need to know is, is there a nice cheap and cheerful program that I can use for this?
Thx

fazer 12:55 31 Aug 05

Gingermum

Unless I'm missing something here, if you are saying that your dad has a player connected to the TV that can play CD's, then just copy the JPEGS onto a CD then use the "skip" function on the players remote control to then jump from one image to another.

If you want something to display the JPEGS as a slide show, then try Windows Moviemaker (which is free from Microsoft)which allows you to import photographs and set the time for which you want them displayed. Moviemaker does not have DVD writing capabilties but can certainly write to VCD format.

DieSse 13:20 31 Aug 05

Many domestic DVD players WILL show jpegs - mine shows the file struture of the CD and allows you to select and view the pictures with no problem.

Another way is to make a VCD slide show wth them - almost all palyers will handle that.

Gingermum 13:21 31 Aug 05

Thanks a lot fazer. You weren't missing anything. I was. I didn't know you could do that.

pj123 13:26 31 Aug 05

The latest version of Nero (6.6.0.16) will burn a slide show on to DVD or CD (as a VCD) which will then play back in any DVD player.

Gingermum 13:30 31 Aug 05

You're all stars! I'll try the easiest method first and post it off to him. Fingers crossed.

sheila.weston 14:49 31 Aug 05

For the record, DieSse, what make is your DVD player? I understand that not all TVs with DVD players WILL show jpgs, but Curry's were very vague on the subject.

Sheila

DieSse 15:29 31 Aug 05

It's a lidl's special, e-bench, cost €45 with two scarts and a scart-rca cable included (here in Spain about 9 mo ago). Look on the boxes in Curries - it usually says what they'll do.

It also plays some mpegs - though it doesn't mention this on the box- and all the usual mp3s, wma - fro CD or DVD disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now