Viewing jpgs as a DVD or CD in the TV player slot?

Diemmess 09:28 24 Dec 06

Have scanned 40year old Kodachrome slides of the family as individual jpgs.

Can I burn these to a DVD which will be readable both on a computer as well as displayed on a domestic DVD player?

Playing on a DVD player is the tricky part for me.
I’ve never tried before and time is short because I want to hand a copy tomorrow to each of the tribe that appear in the pictures.

I use Windows 2000 Pro and also Nero 6.?.? – (capable of reading and writing DVDs.)

I could use Picasa2 and also the Olympus software bundled with a camera, but want to avoid any risk that others may not be able to read it as any casual viewing is likely to be on a TV screen.

What do you recommend?
I would like a route which will succeed, without leading me into a long rigmarole and a pile of coasters?

anskyber 09:31 24 Dec 06

Its all down to whether your tribe have DVD players which can read the jpeg format and the DVD (+ - or whatever) medium you use to burn the pics.

Stuartli 10:09 24 Dec 06

The specification for the DVD player(s) should state whether the capability is available to read MP3s, Jpegs etc.

Many modern DVD players will automatically show Jpegs in slideshow form; even my Kiss DVD player, which is at least three years ago, is able to do so.

Diemmess 10:37 24 Dec 06

Seems "I knew not what I asked!"

Presently experimenting with all the thrills and frills of Nero....... well I have to start somewhere.

Diemmess 11:40 24 Dec 06

Result!

Left it all to Nero. After a couple of program seizures I got the idea. No coasters.

Four people tomorrow can heave a sigh of nostalgia, or maybe grow a red face with embarrassment.

I was just lazy, but to achieve a nicely arranged, captioned, show would take a lot longer than I have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5