Viewing JPEG on DVD

TCawth 14:02 17 Jul 06

As I do not have a DVD burner, is it possible for me to copy jpeg pitures of my daughter's wedding onto a CD ROM in such a way that they can be viewed on a standard DVD player attached to a TV by members of the family who do not have a computer?

johndrew 14:09 17 Jul 06

If you use Pinnacle Studio you can produce a slide show with music with a good looking title all on a CD.

The software will write to both CD R/RW and will produce a VCD.

For the future if you did get a DVD writer it will cater for DVD +/- R/RW and DL disks.

Hope this helps.

pj123 14:21 17 Jul 06

If you have Nero set it up to make a VCD (Video CD)

I downloaded a free Slide Show program from HP some time ago which works well. Unfortunately, I can't find it available on the HP website at the moment (they keep changing the URL) but I do still have the .zip file on my computer. I can email it to you if you want to try it but be aware it is a 35mb file.

GroupFC 15:16 17 Jul 06

As a note of caution here, it is my understanding that not all modern DVD players support VCD. IIRC, I read somewhere that in view of the increasing use of DVDs, some stand alone players no longer supported this format.

Of course, I may be wrong and if anybody can advise further, please feel free!

skidzy 16:04 17 Jul 06

I take it you have a cd writer.

I have no problem burning my pics to a normal cd-r and watching on the dvd player connected to my tv.All i use is windows drag and drop to the drive of the cd-r.

Insert cd-r into drive
Find the photo folder you wish to burn
Right click this folder
Send to the cd-r drive

You have now sent the pics to your cd-r

(Or this way)

Start
My Computer
Double click the cdrw drive (this will now sit in your task bar)
Goto the photo folder
Click on the folder and drag to the cdrw drive sitting in your taskbar.

You have now sent the photos to the disc.

All assuming you have Windows XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac