Viewing email attachments

bluto1 23:44 12 Mar 09

I just had a couple of emails from a friend and in each case I clicked on the paperclip to view the attachment and in each case was asked to search Windows for the origin of the message. Is there any way I can view such messages in the future. Your help is appreciated, as always.
ps I also clicked on Save and got the same message.

Os XP SP3

Graphicool1 13:32 13 Mar 09

It's referring to what programme created it. It would seem that your friend used a programme that you haven't got on your OS. Ask him what he used. There are lots of different programmes that require different viewers ie...

It could be created using MS Office and you may not have it. So you'll need this click here The reason I'm suggesting this first is because there are a lot of PowerPoint attachments being sent via emails.

peter99co 13:40 13 Mar 09

Unknowns should also be scanned with a virus checker just in case.

bluto1 19:03 13 Mar 09

Thanks for the info. Sorry re delay in replying. I'll get in touch with my mate and ask him what he's got. Just had a thought, I've recently uninstalled a lot of MS Office applications as being surplus to my requirements and Power Point was one of them. Depending on what my mate says I may have to reinstall it. I'll also tick as resolved. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now