viewing downloads

power-up 22:14 10 Aug 03

i downloaded a sopranos episode from the internet, unfortunately there is no picture only the sound, the download uses something called codec, and conects to the internet rather then being a seperate file in itself, is there any way i can view the picture with the file?

FRANKMAC 22:29 10 Aug 03

what software are you using to view/listen to this download - if you are using win media player - have you updated to the latest version - as these often come with updated codec - or if using other software have you checked for updates on that too?

hugh-265156 00:25 11 Aug 03

windows media player 9 has problems playing some divx formats.i had problems myself with some movie and game trailers.all i got was sound

i downloaded the free player click here (without adware) this contains the codecs required to play most things.

you will find that windows media player will now also will play the movie.or you can use the divx player to of course.

power-up 11:11 16 Aug 03

Hi huggyg71, Theres two free players, which one did you download?

hugh-265156 14:03 16 Aug 03

the standard without adware version

cagey 11:20 14 Oct 04

When I download programs, video clips etc. I used to have a panel appear when download was complete, giving me the option to Open the D/L or Open Folder. This no longer appears and I have to manually open the destination folder and search for it. How can I get this panel to re-appear. I am running Win XP./SP2.

cagey 11:23 14 Oct 04

Sorry, I mean't to open a new subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…