Viewing animated gifs?

Roadgiant 16:35 05 Mar 03

On several websites (mainly forums)I use, people are using animated gifs.
On my older Win98 pc the gifs show as animated, on my new XP pc the same gifs are not animated, both pc's use IE6.
Is there some setting somwhere that needs changing on the newer pc to enable the gifs to show as animated?
Thanks in advance for any assistance

MAJ 16:39 05 Mar 03

If they don't show as animated when viewed in Internet Explorer, then empty your Temporary Internet Files folder. Tools > Internet Options > General tab, and click the Delete Files button.

leo49 16:41 05 Mar 03

On the Advanced Tab of IE Tools/Options ensure 'play animations in web pages' is ticked in the Multimedia section.

Regards

Roadgiant 19:09 06 Mar 03

Thanks for the suggestions but after trying out both ideas still not working.
On a side note when I tried to use the disc cleanup tool I found it stopped responding due.I managed to sort this out using the MS Knowledge base article 812248, but still cannot view the animated gifs.

Roadgiant 08:25 09 Mar 03

Animations now working,for anyone else who has the same problem, there is a checkbox in ZoneAlarm under privacy/custom/ad blocking/animation that needed unchecking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…