Viewing 3GP movies files on a PDA

Mr. Chips 17:33 25 Jan 06

Firstly, I apologise for putting a cellphone/PDA query onto this forum ... but the other forums I have been to are rubbish ... so I have come back to good old PCAdvisor.

My problem is that my Ipaq PDA does not seem to have the software needed to display the movie files from my Sony Ericcson cell phone.

Has anyone any idea what I need to get for the PDA so that I can run these £GP files?

Apologies again.

regards

Skills 17:40 25 Jan 06

Can you convert the 3gp files to a format that your PDA will play for instance theres freeware software out there that will covert 3gp 2 AVI files click here . Quicktime plays back 3gp files but I have no idea if theres a version avaiable for a PDA as I dont use one.

Hope that is of some help

Mr. Chips 17:46 25 Jan 06

Thanks Skills for your rapid response.

To be honest, I don't think the PDA can play back videos with the Microsoft offerings that come bundled with the Ipaq ... just still images.

If I can fnd a player for the PDA that will play avi files, then I shall get the converter, as you suggest.

I need that first step though ... a video player for the Ipaq ... has anyone any ideas?

regards

Skills 17:49 25 Jan 06

Do you have a version of windows media player installed as that should play back avi files

Mr. Chips 17:52 25 Jan 06

I have a media player, but it is not happy with video files.

ashdav 00:20 26 Jan 06
  Mr. Chips 07:28 26 Jan 06

Perfect solution.... thank you.

You must have spend hours just getting the sequence correct for the forum.

Many thanks. ... that's me seen to

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…