view web offline

oseven 15:36 13 Mar 08

I can click on "Tools" in Internet Explorer an view web pages offline. Are these pages stored so that they can be viewed after the computer has been rebooted? If so,where,please?

Arc hie 16:46 13 Mar 08

you can view pages offline yes.
go to the website you want to view. Click favourites, add to favourites, and put a tick in "Make available off line"
You will have to do this for all the pages the website is linked to, to view the whole site though.
Then just go onto your favourites while offline and click on the link to the site in your favourites.

palinka 18:07 13 Mar 08

but you can't change to a different page on the same site without being connected; and if it's a page that changes frequently (let's say a TV program page) you'll only be able to see yesterday's page when you view it tomorrow.
Apart from that it's useful.

oseven 15:09 14 Mar 08

Arc hie
When I click "add to Favorites" there is not an option to "Make available off line" that I can see.I am using IE 7 and Windows XP.

oseven 15:31 14 Mar 08

Figured it.
Go to "Tools",select "work offline" then save to "favorites". Do this foe each page.
Thank you both.

oseven 15:33 14 Mar 08

Figured it.
Go to "Tools" select "Work offline" then save to "Favorites".
Works great thank you both for your help.

Arc hie 15:42 14 Mar 08

Sorry oseven i use explorer 6, its slightly different, glad you have sorted it out though

oseven 15:45 14 Mar 08

Didn't there used to be an edit option when posting to Forums?I wanted to delete my posting timed at 15:31 because I noticed a spelling mistake but the Edit option has gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…