View users on Network

Chrissib 09:43 30 Sep 09

I have a broadband router connected to the internet, 2 laptops using wireless connection and a PC using a wired connection on the same Network.

I want to check the users on my Network, to make sure no one else is logged in illegally. Although I have security, and have a WEP key assigned, I just want to be sure. Is there a command in Windows XP or Vista, which shows who is connected.

Regards Chrissib

ArrGee 10:29 30 Sep 09

Log on to the router (it'll be along the lines of 192.168.1.1) and you will be able to find what is connected to the network. If you are unsure of the ip address for your router, post the make and model here and I'll find it for you.

Chrissib 11:06 30 Sep 09

thanks for the info. I know I can get this info from the router, but I wondered if there was a windows or DOS command as well.

ArrGee 11:58 30 Sep 09

I have not tried this myself, but the free version of Sax2 Intrusion Detection System should do the trick for you:
click here

If you do use this, please pop back and let us know your thoughts.

ArrGee 12:00 30 Sep 09

This link on Intrusion Detection may also be of interest to you:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…