View Status Bar

Newuser964 12:09 28 Apr 03

One more small question re IE6 - when I am online with IE6 in W ME, and I tick Status Bar in the View menu, it stays ticked unless and until I untick it.

When I do the same when online with W XP, it defaults to being unticked every time I reboot.

Is there any way of keeping the darn' thing ticked?

spikeychris 12:16 28 Apr 03

1) With (only one) IE open, click View, select: Status Bar 2) Right-click on IE's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar" 3) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right) 4) Open Windows Explorer, click View, select: Status Bar 5) Right-click on Explorer's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar" 6) Click Tools | Folder Options | View tab 7) Click the "Apply to all folders" button. 8) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right) 9) Open IE to any page, right-click on a link and select: "Open in New Window" 10)Verify that these Registry entries exist: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Show_StatusBar"="yes" "Show_URLinStatusBar"="yes"

Chris

Newuser964 13:09 28 Apr 03

spikeychris - thanks a lot - I was trying this - however am a bit stumped when I got to item 6), as I don't have Folder Options under Tools or anywhere else on the IE page that I can find.

If I open Folder Options from the Control Panel, and go to View, the "Apply to all folders" option is greyed out. Even if I restore the default settings under the General tab, this remains the case - the View/Apply to all folders remains greyed out.

Looks as if I have unearthed another problem!

spikeychris 13:16 28 Apr 03

There aren't folder options on the Internet Explorer page. You need to open Windows Explorer, ie: by holding your windows key down (the one with the pic of a Microsoft floating window) and press the E key at the same time. You have folder options from tools there.

Chris

Newuser964 13:27 28 Apr 03

Thanks, Chris - seems to have worked - wld never have figured that one out!

spikeychris 13:31 28 Apr 03

Your welcome :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…