"View Source" doesnt work ...

*mark 21:42 05 Feb 03

When I right click my mouse on a web-page and click "View Source" in order to view the HTML absolutely nothing happens. (Im running WindowsXP-Home btw.)

Do you have any idea what the problem might be ?

Any help appreciated.

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 21:55 05 Feb 03

is notepad set as your default html editor? internet properties,programs,and select notepad.

*mark 22:09 05 Feb 03

Thanks for your feedback. You were right about Notepad, so i did what you suggested and rebooted just incase, but unfortuneatley "View Source" still does not work at all !

Any more idea's ?

*mark 23:14 05 Feb 03

VoG™ 23:28 05 Feb 03

Repair IE click here

*mark 00:09 06 Feb 03

VoG - Are you sure that IE6 is the thing causing this and is that the only way it can be fixed ? Ive never attempted anything in the Registry before and if I get things wrong I will have to reinstall Windows.

As ive only had my new PC for 6 days im going to have to put your suggestion on the back burner untill im satisfied this machine works ok.

Is there another way to try and rectify the problem ?

Many thanks,

VoG™ 00:16 06 Feb 03

This is the first time that you have mentioned how long you have had the pc. Take it back and demand that it is fixed immediately or replacement machine or your money back.

*mark 00:30 06 Feb 03

Vog - Really ?!? Is the problem that bad... Im worried now :(

« Ravin » 06:02 06 Feb 03

does this happen with every site or just a few? since some sites disable the viewing of the source code

*mark 21:55 06 Feb 03

<< Ravin >>

It happens with all sites !

*mark 13:37 07 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…