View jpeg's on a TV?

algernonymous 11:38 07 Jun 07

Is it possible to put jpeg's onto a cd and then view them on a standard DVD player/ TV set?
I have Nero, Power2go and Windows Movie Maker software if they are of any use?

Thanks.

chesterfield 11:41 07 Jun 07

you need a dvd player that has the capability to show jpegs. i dont think you can do anything to a standard player that wasnt built to do this

beynac 11:42 07 Jun 07

If your DVD player is capable of showing them, all you probably need to do is to copy them onto the CD - no software necessary. Mine DVD player (a very cheap one) can actually display them as a slide show!

Have a look at your DVD player manual.

beynac 11:43 07 Jun 07

'Mine' should be 'My'.

rodriguez 11:43 07 Jun 07

Check the manual on your DVD player to see if it supports Photo CDs that contain JPEGs. Most modern ones do, and a lot also support MP3 playback. If it doesn't, you could use NeroVision to make a DVD or VCD slideshow. You can also add music to them.

algernonymous 14:37 08 Jun 07

Sorted. Works same as beynac's. Didn't realise it was that simple!
Thanks all.

algernonymous 14:33 09 Jun 07

Ah. It worked on my DVD player but not on my parents' - which is the main reason I am doing this. It states in their manual it does accept jpeg cd's however some may need to be 'finalised'. I have heard of this term before but how do you do it? Also, does it mean that no more images can be added to the cd once it is done?
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced