View on Asrock 4CoreDual + Intel Core 2 Duo E4600

DTallon 16:21 21 Nov 07

I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and memory to increase general system performance and have chosen this combination (Asrock 4CoreDual + Intel Core 2 Duo E4600) because the board allows me to use my current AGP graphics card (nVidia GS8600) and upgrade to PCI-E later as it has both slots. Plus it gives me a processor upgrade path for the future. With 2Gb of memory it'll cost around £200 which is my budget.

My current system is an ABIT NF8 board (socket 754) with AMD Athlon 3000 and 1Gb of DDR 400 memory and I don't think I can upgrade the processor any further.

Does anyone have a view on whether this upgrade would give me any appreciable improvement in performance? Although it gets used for photoshop and web design work, it's mostly for games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…