viedo to dvd

hatchey 11:40 24 Mar 04

hi could some one tell me how to confert a video file to make a dvd.

anon1 11:44 24 Mar 04

This might be of use click here

stlucia 12:33 24 Mar 04

If you're talking about making a DVD that will play on your domestic DVD player, you need first of all to convert your file(s) to MPEG2 format using anon1's link or something similar. Then use Roxio or Nero (or other burning software) to create a DVD using the MPEG2 files -- it will automatically add other folders and files that are necessary to allow your player to read the DVD.

pj123 13:28 24 Mar 04

What format is the video file in? If it is .avi then using Nero to make a VCD will do it for you. I have just done one and it plays OK on my DVD player.

dgorman123 15:04 24 Mar 04

I have an Adaptec Video Oh Capture card that comes with easy to use software Sonic/My DVD.

Allows you to create VCD or DVD.
Depending on you DVD player VCD will usually play fine.

The external capture card,captures from my JVC Camcorder to an .AVI on the PC.

Import the .avi into the software.You can then add menu and backgound sound,thumnails etc.. to the movie.
You then take the option to burn DVD(presuming you have a DVD writer ) or burn VCD instead.
The software then strart transcoding the Avi for you and eventually the DVD is Burnt!!
Bob's your uncle..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…