Videos stall on ipod

tobyb121 17:53 15 Mar 08

I have started converting some dvds for my ipod, I use vlc to convert them, and they play fine on my computer, but whenever I try to play them on my ipod they stall halfway thorugh and the ipod crashes and needs restarting.
I have tried reconverting the ipod, and reinstalling the firmware but neither have worked. I haven't found anyone else who has had this problem, but I don't know what else to try, any ideas?
thanks in advance tobyb

rossgolf 18:26 15 Mar 08

how do u go about converting them?

tobyb121 18:32 15 Mar 08

I use a batch file that is from the vlc website, the code is:

@REM Remove the quotes from %1 variable for vlc paramters
@SET infile=%1
@SET infile=%infile:"=%
@REM Strip directory paths from %1 ...
@FOR /F "delims=" %%i in ("%infile%") do SET filename=%%~ni
@SET outdir=C:\
@SET outfile=%outdir%%filename%.mp4
@REM The following command should be on ONE line only.
@REM Be sure to remove the carriage returns in your batch file.
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv "%infile%" :sout="#transcode{width=320, canvas-height=240, vcodec=mp4v, vb=768, acodec=mp4a, ab=96, channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=mp4,url=%outfile%}" vlc:quit

To use it you just drag and drop the file onto the batch file, but I do not think this is the problem as they playback fine on my pc.

GEEKSTA 19:18 15 Mar 08

I think i know what you mean?
but not sure if it will help.
I have the same problem. Although, my ipod doesnt need to restart?

My problem is that when i download a film and then convert it, stick onto my ipod, and when playing it stops randomly, but all i have to do is rewind it a few seconds and then works fine. (this happens loads of time in a 2 hour film).

I have heard that the reason for this is that because it has been converted, it will do this.
Unlike if you download a film off itunes and paying for it, it will work fine on the ipod and not stop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…