Videos stall on ipod

tobyb121 17:53 15 Mar 08

I have started converting some dvds for my ipod, I use vlc to convert them, and they play fine on my computer, but whenever I try to play them on my ipod they stall halfway thorugh and the ipod crashes and needs restarting.
I have tried reconverting the ipod, and reinstalling the firmware but neither have worked. I haven't found anyone else who has had this problem, but I don't know what else to try, any ideas?
thanks in advance tobyb

rossgolf 18:26 15 Mar 08

how do u go about converting them?

tobyb121 18:32 15 Mar 08

I use a batch file that is from the vlc website, the code is:

@REM Remove the quotes from %1 variable for vlc paramters
@SET infile=%1
@SET infile=%infile:"=%
@REM Strip directory paths from %1 ...
@FOR /F "delims=" %%i in ("%infile%") do SET filename=%%~ni
@SET outdir=C:\
@SET outfile=%outdir%%filename%.mp4
@REM The following command should be on ONE line only.
@REM Be sure to remove the carriage returns in your batch file.
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv "%infile%" :sout="#transcode{width=320, canvas-height=240, vcodec=mp4v, vb=768, acodec=mp4a, ab=96, channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=mp4,url=%outfile%}" vlc:quit

To use it you just drag and drop the file onto the batch file, but I do not think this is the problem as they playback fine on my pc.

GEEKSTA 19:18 15 Mar 08

I think i know what you mean?
but not sure if it will help.
I have the same problem. Although, my ipod doesnt need to restart?

My problem is that when i download a film and then convert it, stick onto my ipod, and when playing it stops randomly, but all i have to do is rewind it a few seconds and then works fine. (this happens loads of time in a 2 hour film).

I have heard that the reason for this is that because it has been converted, it will do this.
Unlike if you download a film off itunes and paying for it, it will work fine on the ipod and not stop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017