videos juddering and stopping on network drive

LAPTOPBABE 23:50 20 Mar 09

Videos I put onto our freecom 1tb network drive will not play properly, but play fine when copied onto a normal external drive or on the laptop itself. We wanted to use a network drive so that we can all access all our files keeping our laptops free of clutter. I have asked the question on google but the answers are too baffling for someone without this sort of knowledge that they talk about. I have done a bit of fiddling with streaming on both VLC and Quicktime but nothing has made any difference, not that i know what it all means. Can anyone help please? Cheers.

recap 18:00 21 Mar 09

It may be a cable issue, if you are using USB it may be better to use a network cable (RJ45) which would help in the speed.

LAPTOPBABE 19:47 21 Mar 09

The network drive is connected by ethernet cable to my router which a netgear DG834pn I think. I have also posted before about a problem with editing photos on this drive too but have never had much response about that. I am seriously thinking i wish I had never bought the thing. Anymore ideas people? Thanks.

brundle 22:01 21 Mar 09

Does the juddering occur when the drive is connected directly to a PC, or when all but one machine is connected to the router and the internet connection removed? How many machines usually active at once?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now