Videos cause my PC to Crash!

yecora 13:30 PM 11 Aug 11

Whenever I click onto videos such as those on Facebook and BBC iPlayer my system does a complete reset (no error messages appear, just straight into a reset)!

I have a 1GB ATI Radeon 4600 graphics card installed and have loaded the correct driver, but still the symptoms persist any help would be gratefully appreciated...

T I M B O 14:38 PM 11 Aug 11

There could be many reasons for this, drivers maybe. I should imagine that Facebook requires flash there are updates for flash yesterday.

dont forget, watch them toolbars and if you use another browser other then IE then u will need to download flash for that also.

dave_1967 23:49 PM 11 Aug 11

If updating flash and java dosn't fix the problem.... take a look at how many processes are running if lots then look at doing msconfig to reduce the amount of programes starting if need more info on this. look at the amount of memory you have on the machine. another thing is codec packs having to many can conflict ive only ever needed one instaled i use >> works great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016