Videos

steve263000 05:57 03 Feb 11

I have bought 'Flip' video recorder, and a very useful little thing it is as well. For my small use it does what I need. However there is no way in the software of improving the videos a bit. Is there any free software out there that I could play around with? I don't use it that much and most of the stuff is fine anyway, but I would like to see what I can do without spending to much.

Nontek 08:33 03 Feb 11

I do not know of any software that does what you ask - however, plenty of hardware items do.

click here

I suggest a search on eBay might prove fruitful.

eedcam 08:33 03 Feb 11

To be honest its not that eay to improve on the video even with bought stuff ok you might lighten or darken or sharpen a bit even stabilise shaky footage..If you mean editing ie cutting and shunting and adding effects thats pretty straight forward but still probably best with bought stuff .They all do free trials I would n;t thnk youd get much out off a freebie though You could try windows movie maker which you have if you have windows

Nontek 08:36 03 Feb 11

PS - right-click on pics then choose 'open in new window', or 'open in new tab' to see enlargements.

Les28 10:59 03 Feb 11

I'm only guessing here, but I think you may need to convert the mp4 ASP video that I think is the the Flip video format to an avi format for Windows Movie Maker to accept for input using the free MP4Cam2AVI converter

click here

click here

Nontek 12:35 03 Feb 11

I am of the impression that steve263000 means editing the quality of the video picture, which is why I said, I thought not. WMM only allows editing such as adding transitions, titles, effects and cutting - no matter what format the video is in.

woodchip 13:52 03 Feb 11

You cannot make a low resolution camera work like a expensive good resolution one if you could every one would be doing it. It cannot be done with software. Presume that you are getting blocky Fussy Video rather than detail, unless its near to

woodchip 13:54 03 Feb 11

Is the file format ASF if so that is a very compressed format

steve263000 17:05 03 Feb 11

Well thanks for all the comments on my post. I have Format factory to change to MP4 and I was just looking for a way to 'fiddle' around a bit really. Perhaps an effect or two. I cannot seem to find movie maker on my PC even though have windows 7. But Flip lets me add titles and cut anyway.

woodchip 22:00 03 Feb 11

click here It does say XP only but it may work in compatibility mode, Its worth a try

ashdav 23:02 03 Feb 11

Windows Movie Maker is part of Windows Live Essentials click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced