Video/Graphics driver for Compaq Armada 1700

cyberphobic 06:43 30 Jan 10

I bought an old working Compaq Armada 1700. I have upgeaded the memory to 160MB, installed a 20GB Hard Drive and loaded XP Pro/SP3. It all works fine apart from the graphics, only part of a web page is displayed and if I change the resolution not all of the desktop is displayed! I therefore need an XP video/graphics driver. I have been to the Compaq website and downloaded a "Rompaq" which has to be loaded on to a floppy, but when I run it, it says that there are no programmes to be updated. Can anyone provide me with a link to the correct driver for this model and operating sysyem please?

Strawballs 07:39 30 Jan 10
  cyberphobic 13:04 30 Jan 10

Many Thanks for your suggeation but unfortunately that link just takes me, by a more circuitous route, to the Compaq homepage and the Rompaq which dosen't get me anywhere!

Strawballs 22:02 30 Jan 10

What chip is in the graphics? that old it is likely to be a Voodoo or early Nvidea like TNT ultra

Strawballs 22:09 30 Jan 10

I think this is what you are looking for click here It has a C&T 65555 graphics chip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…