Video Tapes to DVD

jim63 21:52 24 Jul 08

I would like to have a go at copying video tapes to dvd using my pc. I use Vista would this be suitable:- DAZZLE DIGITAL VIDEO CREATOR 90 VIDEO EDITING SUITE.

bebbo 22:19 24 Jul 08

click here

looks like you found the right bit o kit

peter99co 22:21 24 Jul 08

If it says on the box it is Vista compatable then it should do the job. I think the burn times can be a bit long so do some more checking before you go for it.

eedcam 22:32 24 Jul 08

Better off using or getting a dvd recorder and using that

woodchip 22:48 24 Jul 08

click here

I use one

peter99co 10:59 25 Jul 08

I went for a DVD recorder that also has a VCR built in and can record from tape to dvd and dvd from tape. BUT some dvd recording will not play on the pc/laptop even when finalized. Do not seem to have a problem if I use RW discs.

woodchip 14:12 25 Jul 08

Got your Mail. I have only used this on XP so no Idea if it works with Vista

pj123 15:04 25 Jul 08

I use Dazzle Fusion USB capture unit:

click here

I have already transferred all my Beta tapes to DVD and am now in the process of transferrng my VHS tapes.

I don't use the Pinnacle Studio software that came with the unit as it takes too long (7 hours for a 3 hours tape) and also the sound sync is out by about 2 seconds.

I use MyDVD:

click here

I don't have version 10 but my version (5.4) does the same job and a lot quicker than Pinnacle Studio.

Although it takes the length of the tape to capture in the first place it doesn't very long to process and I always make an mpeg file and then use Nero to burn it to DVD.

jim63 17:09 25 Jul 08

Would i be able to use this DAZZLE DIGITAL VIDEO CREATOR 90 with Vista. Could I get a driver or whatever to be able to use it with Vista 32

Starfox 17:24 25 Jul 08

Unless they have improved them in the last few years I really wouldn't bother with the Dazzle. Its a while since I used mine because it takes at least 4 hours to convert each hour of tape, I ended up throwing the thing away.

Far better to buy a vcr/dvd combi as suggested by eedcam, that's what I did eventually.

woodchip 19:08 25 Jul 08

According to this the item I said to use is Vita Supported look hear the look hear for price its cheaper than Amazon click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5