video tape to hard drive

Simon-200035 12:54 20 May 04

I have a hyperion extreme tv/video capture card no.sp3600. I want to convert a couple of video tapes to dvd. I can copy them to my hard drive ok. The problem I have is that the sound plays at normal speed but the picture is slower. At the moment I am using the software bundled with the card. Do I need different software or is it just a setting I need to change?
I haven't tried yet as I only got it last night, but would windows movie maker work?

ted bear 12:59 20 May 04

turn off all processes u dont need and increase sampling rate to 48000 from 44100 - worked for me anyway - make sure to use 25fps pal not 29.97 ntsc

Simon-200035 13:23 20 May 04

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home from work tonight.

Smiler 14:13 20 May 04

Have a look here click here

Seems to be the same problem

Simon-200035 09:26 21 May 04

Ok, I've got the speed of the picture sorted, especially through windows movie maker, but now I've lost sound. When it's playing through the card the sound is there so I know it's going in, but when I go to play back the file, the picture is fine but no sound.
at the moment the arial out comes from the video into the tv/video capture card. I've got to the point that Its probably something simple but I can't see it. Please help.

ted bear 05:05 22 May 04

have u got a audio cable connection from your audio out on your capture card to your line in on your sound card ? on your capture software check that the audio capture is set to line in.a good way of checking for any problems with settings is to use dvdlab - any errors or wrong settings will be thrown up and u can then alter the coresponding settings on capture card for next time.dvd lab will also tell u whether u have actually captured the sound or not - narrowing the search for the problem. u can download dvdlab at click here

Simon-200035 09:51 23 May 04

Thanks for the advice
I've actually managed to pick up a cheap copy of Pinnacle studio 8 with the usb adapter so I'm able to use that for now.
I'm going to download the prog you mentioned so I'll let you know what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…