Video Tape to DVD Conversion

STREETWORK 19:29 05 Jan 05

I would like to copy all my old videos onto disk (DVD) and ask for advice on hardware required to do this. I am running XP PRO on a good spec'ed machine

Buchan 35 21:39 05 Jan 05

STREETWORK, if you don`t mind too much I`ll follow this. It`s a good thread. ( so call me a lurker )

LeadingMNMs 21:47 05 Jan 05

You probably want some sort of Video Capture card click here although there are also devices that use a USB port click here

I only have limited experience of transferring analogue camcorder footage onto a computer, and i used a USB device. The quality wasn't perfect but seem adequate for me. However, I have yet to burn anything to disk so I can't be sure how the video will finally come out.

Its likely that the more you pay, the better quality you'll get. However, if you only need to convert a single video then you'll have to consider how much you want to pay.

STREETWORK 22:07 05 Jan 05

Thanks for the links and anyone is welcome to follow the thread.

I like the idea of the USB capture devices, easier to set up. I would like to hear more from anyone who has had sucess in this.

john-232317 22:08 05 Jan 05

Type VHS to DVD in the search on the left.

There is a thread on this nearly every day ;-))

SEASHANTY 22:21 05 Jan 05

Like this one
click here

STREETWORK 22:27 05 Jan 05

Thank you SEASHANTY, this was a great help to me.

Happy new year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…