video streaming

picklsey 06:01 11 Jun 05

xp home sp2

as soon as i try to watch above on the net my pc freezes and i have to restart my pc,has anyone any idea how to resolve this i can play movies ect.and there,s no problem only with above.thanks.

picklsey 14:27 11 Jun 05

any suggestions please.

pj123 15:36 11 Jun 05

What are you using to stream now and where are you streaming from?

bremner 15:38 11 Jun 05

Broadband speed / graphics card / processor / RAM all contribute to good streaming performance.

What is your set up.

picklsey 15:43 11 Jun 05

click here

also there was a thread earlier about watching live tv from around the world as soon as i tried to view the pc froze.

i have media/p. 9 if this is what you mean.thanks for showing an interest.

picklsey 15:47 11 Jun 05

bremner specs as follows

asus ansli deluxe

2x msi 6600gt graphics

3500 amd i gig mem.

b/b speed 2meg

xphome sp2

bremner 15:50 11 Jun 05

You clearly have sufficient spec to expect acceptable performance.

I stream fairly successfully with a 2MB connection on a slightly lower spec machine.

Do you have the same problem from all sites you try.

picklsey 15:56 11 Jun 05

bremner these are the only 2 sites i have trid in fact the only two i know of.

been doing a bit of thinking (it wasn,t really that sore)didn,t have any problems before i took out meadia/p. 10 and went back to version 9 iwas having probs. with 10 keeping closing down.do you think this has anything to do with it.thanks for help.

bremner 16:01 11 Jun 05

Try the BBC News site there is alot of streaming available from there. See if that works.

If it has only occured since the downgrade then that may well be the cause.

On another matter how much additional performance does the dual SLi 6600Gt's give over one on its own.

picklsey 16:11 11 Jun 05

will try bbc site thanks.

on the matter of sli when i built the pc about 4 months ago i put one card in and i noticed on some games that the edges were jagged when i put the second card in the colours were excellent games played very smooth.the wife plays more games than me.one of the games was yagen that i play.i play it at the highest res.ect.and runs great.hope this was the info you were looking for'

okay away to the news lol.

bremner 16:23 11 Jun 05

Thanks.

Upgrading the boys machine and he wants SLi - just need to be convinced of the benefits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…