Video sound

Daveboy 20:13 10 Nov 05

I am delving into video editing my camcorder (sony handycam) recordings via my PC. Problem- If i use S video connection I get best video quality but NO sound, if I use the USB iget vid and sound but vid is reduced quality. How do I get sound as well when using S vid ?
Cam has a DV out socket- what is the PC end equivqlent input ? and would it send vid and sound ?

stalion 20:15 10 Nov 05

can you run a seperate lead for sound to your line in?

Daveboy 20:19 10 Nov 05

Possibly, there is a composite outlet on cam. small plug that has three plugs (red green & white) other end, possibly one of these sends sound ?

Bagsey 20:23 10 Nov 05

Your S lead does not carry sound so you will need to connect your camera with a sound cable input.
If you let us know what camera you are using we can give you a lot more help. eg most digital cameras input video to a computer using a firewire cable.This inputs sound and video at the best quality to your computer. Your computer may not have a firewire card fitted but this is not a major expense. We need to know what computer equipment you are using to be able to give the best help.

stalion 20:25 10 Nov 05

two of those colours are sound in left and right you need a jack plug for your line in connection on your pc ie:a lead with three connectors like you have one end and a small jack plug the other you can get them at pc world

Bagsey 20:25 10 Nov 05

Sorry I meant to add that your DV out socket is a firewire socket so you WILL need a firewire input into your computer.

Daveboy 22:21 10 Nov 05

I have 1394 input on pc, is this firewire ?

Bagsey 23:53 10 Nov 05

That is Firewire. Yes

Bagsey 23:57 10 Nov 05

If you have firewire on your computer there is more than a good chance that your computer is well up to spec for video editing.What editing software have you got?

Daveboy 19:02 11 Nov 05

camera came with PIXELLA, seems pretty basic but probable a good enough start for me.

Bagsey 20:27 12 Nov 05

I have just updated my pinnacle from here.
It is comprehensive but user friendly.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…