video from sony trv 245 camcorder on pc

s-256399 19:39 24 Apr 04

i've spent a few days since i bought the above camcorder trying to find the reason why the video looks like it is made from large squares, like a photo looks when you magnify it on pc. The video is fine when i watch it through t.v or video or on the lcd. I have no problems watching dvd on my pc so why should there be a problem with camcorder. It is a digital 8 camcorder.

Charence 19:46 24 Apr 04

Have you put the video on your computer? On your computer you should try to put it on the highest possible resolution, but if you're going to use the computer to put it onto a VCD, a small format of 640x480 will be fine.

This is because a computer monitor has much more pixels than a TV and something which appears to have crisp quality on a 28" TV may not appear good on a 15" monitor. Are you enlarging the video by any chance? Try to view the video in 100%, enlarging it too much will make it have large pixels.

Charence

s-256399 07:46 25 Apr 04

Thanks for your help. I have captured it on computer and it is the same as before also i have tried copying it to cd and it is still the same.
The supplied software is image mixer wich says you need 4MB or more of VRAM, minimum of 800x600 at 16-bit hi-color (65,000 colors); Direct Draw driver compatible
ImageMixer will not run correctly in a screen area of less than 800 x 600, or in less than 256 colors. But i have tried other resolutions.
The video always runs as a small square about 6 inches in size and i have not tried enlarging it yet. Also after capture to pc the video opens with windows media player and the picture is the same. Any other ideas please.

s-256399 10:13 25 Apr 04

im wondering if the camera is faulty maybe i should try to return it. although i can copy to video, i really wanted to be able to copy to cd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…