Video Rendering

KCR 14:31 15 Oct 03

I have used Pinnacle 7 to render some videos (separately to my earlier posting !) and while most of the time the quality is good sometimes, particularly if the video is shooting a scene with a dark area, the dark area doesn't have the natural shadow which I shot in the film but looks more blocky/pixelated - it looks like it hasn't rendered in sufficient detail/quality.

Does anyone know if this is because of the software configuration/hardware I have or a Pinnacle Studio 7 issue ?

I am using an Anthlon 2400+, with 512 MB ram, GeForce Ti4600 graphics card with 120 gb harddrive.

I know that the source video captured by the computer is fine.

Any help (or recommendations as to better video editting software) much appreciated

stlucia 14:59 15 Oct 03

What format and quality are you rendering them to? I render using the MPEG(dvd quality) setting in Pinnacle Studio DV, and haven't noticed any pixelation when playing the finished DVD.

KCR 15:08 16 Oct 03

That's what I use - MPeg - DVD Compatible - about 3gigs an hour - don't know if I need to amend the settings ?

Any ideas gratefully received. (The pixellation is not constant but is often noticeable on dark areas of a shot.

Thanks

MichelleC 15:37 16 Oct 03

If you note my comments click here they still apply to pixellation (which is usually an os issue).

I will also add that ensure dma is enabled on all hd's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…