Video problem

Mugs9 11:59 20 Sep 05

Using XP Pro. Had a major crash and had to do a repair from CD.
Now I have a picture resolution of 1024 x 768 which keeps scrolling down I cannot reinstall ATI control. I get the error message "SEVERE
SETUP WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION. TRY TO SETUP YOUR DISPLAY ADAPTER WITH A STANDARD VGA DRIVER BEFORE RUNNING SETUP."
Have gone into 640 x480 but still get the error message. Any ideas please.
Mugs

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:38 20 Sep 05

control panel - system - hardware - device manager - disply adapters - add a vga driver here

Mugs9 17:18 20 Sep 05

Fruit Bat,
thanks for your help but unfortunately Device manager does not show any display adapters so haven't a clue as to how to add vga.
Still puzzled

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 20 Sep 05

In device manager select - Action - scan for hardware changes XP should try and find your monitor a display adapter

Mugs9 10:41 21 Sep 05

Hi,
thanks for the advice but my computer just has to be different. I selected Action and all I got was Help. After furious clicking Action Scan for hardware appeared. Clicked that. No result. Did a print out from there and no display or monitor are shown except vgasave ( 4 times) and unknown device (3 times) Vgasave is what is showing on Display Properties - Settings- Advance-Display and from there I can select all resolutions up to 1024. I'm flummoxed.
Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017