//some 3rd party need geo

Video Playback Colours Incorrect

Michael-190563 14:07 29 Sep 04

Hi....this is my first time here and am hoping somebody can help me out. When I play any video track either through Media Player, WinDVD or any DVD burning software the on-screen picture is not in the correct colours. Flesh tones have a purple colour as does grass. This has only happened in the last 2 days and I have not installed any new software in that time which could have conflicts.
If antbody else has this problem and has solved it I would be glad to hear from them.

€dstowe 14:29 29 Sep 04

Are your colours correct on other things?

Is this one DVD or all of them?

Michael-190563 14:41 29 Sep 04

All other pictures and gif images are fine.
The problem only manifests itself with playing video tracks

€dstowe 15:30 29 Sep 04

Hmmm....

What format are these video tracks? Are they DVDs? Things you've downloaded from the Internet?

A possibility is that the codec used to play them has become corrupted and a relaod is in order.

Michael-190563 16:15 29 Sep 04

Thanks Edstowe,

The images are downloaded movies in all formats (mpg, avi, etc) and I don't see how all codecs could have become corrupted...unless you know something I don't !!!

€dstowe 16:51 29 Sep 04

Have you done thorough malware checks?

Michael-190563 17:14 29 Sep 04

Yes Edstowe.AdAware, SpySweeper were used and came up with zero results. On the advice of my ISP (AOL) on another issue I have installed and run SpyBot but this was after this problem first manifested itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…