video out to laptop in ??

Magik ®© 17:25 23 Nov 04

hi, this is a sort of continuation of this

click here

anyway, for now i have given up on the tv side of things, unless of course someone knows how.so it is back to why i got the thing in the first place, for recording VHS onto DVD..

the lead supplied has...S VIDEO.IN...AUDIO IN L, AUDIO IN R, AND VIDEO IN...it states the "video in" is for connecting a vcr to the card,
so the question is, about time i hear you cry, both VCR's have connections for audio in and av in..so how the heck do you wire it up.so i can get it out,instead of in.sorry about all this but it has been a long day :-((

TomJerry 17:43 23 Nov 04

VCR: you need to find AV out, not AV in. This AV out has three connectors (yellow, red and white), normally, yellow is for video, red and white are audio left and right. If you do not have AV out in this format so called composite video, you can get a Scart to C-Video converter from Maplin.

So next step is just connect them up to your card.

VCR out link to card's audio & video in, just connect the same colour, red to red, white to white, yellow to yellow.

I do not know your card spec, some cards do not have audio in. If this is the case, you need to connect auido to sound card Line-in, for this you need a converter which combine left and right into one stero plug, again you can get it from Maplin.

TomJerry 17:51 23 Nov 04

you difitely need to scart to phono converter, many to chose from in maplin click here

TomJerry 17:53 23 Nov 04

you need a Twin Phono to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Lead click here

Magik ®© 17:53 23 Nov 04

thanks for that, maplins in the morning...

TomJerry 17:54 23 Nov 04

2 Phono to 3.5mm Stereo Adaptor click here

TomJerry 18:06 23 Nov 04

if you do not have latest software, here is the download site

click here

PAL-I (uk TV standard) is definitely supported. You need good outdoor TV antenna for digital TV.

TomJerry 18:09 23 Nov 04

good luck

Magik ®© 18:14 23 Nov 04

hi again, the latest software thingy, which i put in, had the 3 options of, australia, taiwan, and europe, click on europe, and the laptop had to be restarted, and each time it reverted to taiwan...so it all had to come out, again..only been on it now since yesterday morning...

TomJerry 19:20 23 Nov 04

it also use PAL, but b/g not i, but try to see what happen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…